The content of your marketing is more important than ever. You have to be able to offer your target audience something of value in order to position yourself as the expert. Your content is the message powering your digital marketing strategy, so you need to know your audience and identify what their needs are. It needs to be valuable enough that people would seek it out. Content can come in a variety of different forms, from blog posts to videos to infographs. Content marketing focuses on the strategy behind the creation and sharing of your content, so that your message is being effectively packaged and delivered to the people you’re trying to reach.
Key points to remember:
– Content marketing is the strategy, planning, creation and sharing of content
– Your content needs to be valuable enough that people will seek it out
– You have to know your audience and identify what their needs are
– Blog posts, articles, video case studies, and infographs are all examples of content
– Content is the message powering your digital marketing strategy