Effective Date: January 01, 2020
- INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We may obtain information (A) in our role as a service provider for our clients, which may include information that our clients provide to us and information that we collect on their behalf; and (B) information we receive from third parties. This information includes data that identifies you personally whether directly (i.e., your name) or indirectly (i.e., information about your online use).
- Information Collected as a Service Provider
In our role as a service provider, our clients provide us with your information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, vehicle type, vehicle financing information, education, mortgage information, and veteran status, so that we may provide advertising services (e.g., direct mail, email, and digital advertising) on their behalf.
To perform these advertising services, we also may use a variety of technologies, including third parties’ technologies, such as cookies and pixels to automatically collect certain information about your online activity. This information may include (A) computer or device information, such as IP address or other unique identifiers or information from the device you use; and (B) usage information, such as whether you opened an email.
- Information Collected From Third Parties
We may acquire information from trusted third parties to update or supplement the information we receive or collect in our role as a service provider, in order to provide advertising services to our clients. This information includes, for example, information from public databases or data aggregators, and may include name, mailing address, email address, phone number, vehicle year, make, and model, credit score, and vehicle financing information.
- INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
We may share the information we collect with our service providers that provide business, professional, or technical support functions for us and help us operate our business. In our role as a service provider for our clients, we share the information we collect with our clients.
- YOUR CHOICES AND OPT-OUTS
- Cookies, Tracking Options, and California Do Not Track Disclosures
You may adjust your device or browser settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies. Please refer to your device’s settings or your browser’s “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your device or browser from receiving cookies and controlling your tracking preferences.
- Interest-Based Advertising
On behalf of our clients, and in our role as a service provider, we may engage in interest-based advertising. To learn more about interest-based advertising, and to opt out of the collection and use of data for interest-based advertising by Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) participating companies, please visit optout.aboutads.info (website) or aboutads.info/appchoices (mobile). To opt out of interest-based advertising by Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) member companies, please visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org.
On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising. Even if you opt out, you still may receive advertising from our clients that is not customized, or advertising from other third parties if they are not a DAA or NAI participating company.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents may also take advantage of the following rights:
- Access Requests: You may request, up to two times each year, that we disclose to you the following details about the information that we collected about you from third parties: (1) the categories and specific pieces of personal information collected; (2) the categories of sources of that information; (3) the business or commercial purpose for collecting that information; (4) the categories of third parties with whom we shared that information; and (5) the business or commercial purpose for sharing that information.
- Deletion Requests: You may request that we delete any personal information that we collected about you from third parties. Please note that there are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to complete a transaction, detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, exercise our rights, or comply with a legal obligation.
To take advantage of any of these rights, please contact us Privacy@mudd.com or 855-520-5650. For verification purposes, please include your name, email and/or mailing address. To take advantage of these rights with respect to information we receive or collect in our role as a service provider, please contact the data owner (our client) directly. We value your privacy and will not discriminate in response to your exercise of your privacy rights. We do not sell your personal information.
For purposes of compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act, we also make the following disclosures:
- We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers/contact Information (including information defined as “personal information” in the California Customer Records law or as a protected classification under California or federal law), commercial information, internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, professional or employment-related information, education information, and inferences drawn from the above.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: Identifiers/contact Information (including information defined as “personal information” in the California Customer Records law or as a protected classification under California or federal law), commercial information, internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, professional or employment-related information, education information, and inferences drawn from the above.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected the personally identifiable information of a child under 16, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our files
- DATA SECURITY
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
- HOW TO CONTACT US