- Manage Accounting department.
- Review and assist in preparation of monthly financials for the agency and its related companies.
- Maintain relationships with bank, accounting advisors, and outside legal.
- Cash management and forecasting.
- Manage cyber and liability insurance.
- Understand tax implications and assist in tax strategy planning.
- Review of sales tax returns and compliance.
- Communicate with outside auditors on financial statement and 401k audits.
- Responsible for the accuracy of payroll and W-2’s
- 401k plan administrator, including approval of distributions and maintaining compliance.
- Provide financial forecasts to management and the board.
- BS or BA in accounting
- Public accounting experience or at least 5+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Experience supervising accounting staff
- CPA preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Manages multiple projects effectively
- Understanding of payroll and DOL compliance
This is a Monday-Friday position, with occasional nights and weekends, onsite in our Cedar Falls, Iowa office.