- Log into Google Analytics and select your desired account.
- Go to Conversions > Goals > Overview
- From the “Goal Option” drop down menu, select the goal that represents a completed transaction (in this case, “Goal 1”)
- Look for ‘Goal X Abandonment Rate”
- To calculate the actual number of Abandoned Goals take your ‘Goal X Completions’ and divide by ‘Goal X Abandonment Rate.’ This will give you the number of ‘Goal Funnel Starts’ or the total number of visitors that started the goal process.
Goal X Completions 111 / Goal 1 Abandonment Rate 55.06% = Goal Funnel Starts 201.6
- Subtract the actual goal completions from Goal Funnel Starts and you have the total number of abandonments.
Goal Funnel Starts 201.6 – Goal X Completions 111 = Total Abandonments 90.6