How do you continue building organic traffic to your website? As clients come to us looking for new ways to increase their brand awareness and website traffic, blogging is one of the most valuable tools for them to utilize. If you’re not blogging, it’s time to get started or get left behind. If you need further convincing, here are 10 reasons why you should be blogging for your business.
1. Your blog fuels SEO. Search engines love valuable content and will reward you for it. The more indexed pages you have, the more traffic you will get.
2. A blog is your direct communication with your potential customers. It is a simple, straightforward platform for connecting with and sharing timely and appropriate information with customers.
3. It gives your company a voice and creates a place to talk about new products or services, comment on timely news topics or market trends and share company initiatives.
4. Blogs allow you to be known as an expert in your market. Customers will look to you for answers and direction when they trust you and your expertise.
5. A blog creates a two-way conversation. It encourages interaction, comments and feedback. This establishes an open communication channel with your customers and potential customers.
6. Blogging requires you to research what customers are searching for and stay ahead of the curve. It makes you constantly think about newsworthy topics, your customers, industry and the world around you. It helps you be a leader, not a follower.
7. A blog builds confidence, relationships and sales. Customers will look to you as a reliable resource. Helpful content = Trust; Trust = Leads; Leads = Sales. This trust will lead to more forms filled out on your web page, more phone calls to your office, and eventually many more sales.
8. Blogging sharpens your business focus. To create a blogging strategy, you must define who you are blogging for and why. Requiring you to become more engaged with you customers.
9. Blogs are cost-effective marketing investments. Every post you publish is a lasting asset that helps build brand awareness and promote your expertise, products and services.
10. Gives you insight into your audience. Blog analytics allow you to track readers, subscribers, click-throughs, popular topics, shares and comments.
Keep this in mind when you first begin a blog. Be patient and consistent. Good blogs take time to grow but they will pay off in the long run!